If you wish to join a group:
- Contact the group co-ordinator of the group to establish if there are any vacancies and how the group operates.
- On your first visit to a group you will be required to show your membership card to the co-ordinator.
- Please advise the co-ordinator if you decide that you no longer wish to belong to a group.
- If you have any problems contacting a group, or if a group is full, please contact our
Our groups have been divided into the following categories. Please click on the appropriate link for more information about any of the groups within a particular category. With the exception of the Scrabble and Recorder Groups, all Groups meet during the day.
- Art and Craft Groups
(Art Appreciation, Collecting, Crafts, Film Appreciation, Flower Arranging, Knitting, Needlecraft, Painting)
- Health and Leisure Groups (Crown Green Bowling, Cycling, Gardening, Golf, Holistic Therapies, Line Dancing, Racketball, Table Tennis, Walking)
- History Groups (Family History, Film History, History, Industrial Heritage, Local History)
- Language Groups (French, German, Italian, Spanish - numerous groups)
- Literacy Groups (Literary Appreciation,
Reading, Play Reading, Story Telling, Writing)
- Mind Games Groups (Bridge, Canasta, Cryptic Crosswords, Current Affairs, Mahjong, Scrabble, Social Justice, Old Grumpies, Whist)
- Music Groups (Jazz Appreciation, Music, Opera Appreciation, Singing, Ukulele)
- Science and Nature (Ancient Wisdoms, Bird Watching, Computing, Environmental Issues, Geology, Maths, Meditation, Philosophy, Photography, Psychology, Popular Science Lectures, Science)
- Occasional Groups (Heraldry)