Membership rates for 2018/19, will be £10 for renewals and £14 for new members. Renewals can be made by:
- Bank Transfer – Sort Code 30 91 92, Account Number 59864768, payment reference: your 4 digit membership number.
- By Post – send a cheque made payable to Chester U3A to the Membership Secretary, PO Box 167, Chester CH1 9FB.
Associate Membership to be abolished from 1st September 2018
From 2016 new members of Chester U3A became 'Associate Members', with the option of 'upgrading' to 'Full Member' status when renewing membership the following year. From 1st September 2018, for the 2018/19 membership year and future years, Associate Membership will be abolished. All existing members, whether 'Associate' or 'Full' and all new members will become 'Individual Members', all of whom will be able to attend all Tuesday and Thursday monthly meetings at St Columba's Church Hall.
Membership: Individual Membership of Chester U3A is open to anyone who is no longer in full time employment. Members need not have any qualifications and none are awarded by the U3A. The 2018/19 membership year will start on 1 September 2018 and will end on 31st August 2019.
Applying for Membership: You can join Chester U3A at anytime during the year by completing an application form and paying the subscription fee (£14 for 2018/19).
- Paying by Cheque: Click here to download the form as a pdf document. Print and complete the form, then post it, together with a cheque for £14 made payable to Chester U3A, to: Membership Secretary, P.O. Box 167, Chester, CH1 9FB.
- Paying by Bank Transfer: Click here to download the form as a Word document. You can then save it and complete the form electronically, then email it to: email@example.com. On receipt the Membership Secretary will advise you of the bank details needed for your bank transfer.
- Alternatively: You can also call in at any of the monthly meetings held at St Columba's Hall and apply for membership in person.
Gift Aid: If you are an income tax payer you may want to complete a 'Gift Aid' declaration form at the time of your application or renewal if you have not already done so. Your declaration allows Chester U3A to claim tax from the Inland Revenue. You can download a Gift Aid Form as a pdf document here and as a Word document here. Alternatively, forms are available at monthly meetings or from the Membership Secretary. Forms can be returned to any committee member or handed in at monthly meetings.
More Information: Click here to download more information about Chester U3A.
Queries and Address Changes: Members should contact our Membership Secretary (07594-239600) if they have any queries or if their postal address, email address or telephone number has changed.
Accessibility Policy: Click here to see Chester U3A's Accessibility Policy.